Tuesday, September 23, 2008

NYS Archives Visit

I am back from my visit to the NYS Archives in Albany. What a wonderful place! You can find them online at www.archives.nysed.gov.
I highly recommend a visit. The Archives are located in Albany and are very easy to find, right on State Route 20. Their website has some finding aids, so you get an idea of what is available. But those finding aids only scratch the surface of what is there. More than once, an Archivist was able to retrieve a document with information about Scipio that I had no idea existed!
I took many pictures of documents, and made a lot of copies. Some documents were too fragile to be handled by anyone but Archives staff, who will be sending copies and scans to me in a few weeks of those materials.
I will be making a lot of information available both on the blog and at the Scipio Town Offices over the next few months, so stay tuned!

No comments: