Saturday, March 5, 2011

Owasco Lake

I heard on the news this morning that Niagara Falls may be frozen over, an event that hasn't occurred in several years. It has indeed been a long cold winter here in New York State!
Owasco Lake has also been frozen, if not completely then certainly more than I have seen in some years myself. When I drive down Wyckoff Hill in the winter (sometimes a scary excursion on that "big hill") I glance across Route 38 at Owasco Lake. In February, there were so many trucks parked along the end of Wyckoff Road that I wondered if there was a party going on at the neighbors house! Then I looked at Owasco Lake and saw all the ice fishermen. Conditions were ideal for this winter activity, and all along Route 38 heading north to Auburn, I saw evidence of how many people enjoy being outdoors in our Finger Lakes.

No comments: