Saturday, March 12, 2011

Genoa - King Ferry Tribune

I received my Spring 2011 issue of the Genoa - King Ferry Tribune yesterday, and I was pleased to see that most of pages 10 and 11 (and a little of page 12) were given over to my article about the two Jacquard coverlets that Scipio has become the proud owner of. This is the second issue with one of my articles.
Those in the Scipio zip code of 13147 receive a copy in their mailbox. Many of Scipio's residents are in the Auburn NY zip code of 13021, and if that includes you, to get a copy of this fine quarterly publication you can send $18 for a one year subscription to GHA, P.O. Box 316, King Ferry, NY 13081.
I will continue to write articles on Scipio and her wonderful history for the Tribune. If you have suggestions for articles, send me a comment or an e-mail and I will try to accommodate them.
I also write occasionally for the Auburn Citizen, and that is available through a regular subscription or you can check out an online version at www.auburnpub.com. Right now, I am spending a lot of my time on Civil War research. Many Scipio men fought in that war and I will be writing about them as we enter the Civil War sesquicentennial in April of 2011.

No comments: