Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Genealogy Trip

I have a list of places I want to visit in my lifetime. I think it will come as no surprise that several destinations are genealogy-related. This summer I am crossing a big one off my list.
I will finally be heading to the Fort Wayne/Allen County Indiana Genealogy Library! This has been on my list for several years, and I look forward to spending some quality time there in August.
I have spent some time recently getting my family history notebooks updated, and I am making a list of what I specifically hope to accomplish when I go. The Library has a great online catalogue, and their website has a map of the layout of this facility that will help me plan my search efforts.
It will be interesting to compare it to say the NYS Library, or other genealogy resources such as historical societies that I have visited. You can check them out at www.acpl.lib.in.us.

No comments: