Sunday, November 2, 2008

Historian's Conference

I am so pleased to be attending the Fall Conference of the APHNYS - Association of Public Historians of New York State.
Their website is at www.aphnys.org. I have held a membership since I became the Scipio Historian.
This organization provides access to information and contact information for other Historians and Historical Societies at their semi-annual conferences, and holds regional meetings throughout the year.
The workshops are wonderful. This Fall, I will be sitting in on a roundtable discussion with our new State Historian, Robert Weible. I will also go to a workshop on the Underground Railroad in Northern NY, a North Country Digital History/Historical Newspaper Project, Adirondack Architectural Heritage, the Tuberculosis History of Saranac Lake and then conclude with a roundtable of City, Town & Village Historians.
It is being held in Lake Placid this year during this first week of November, and I always find it relaxing to visit that area of our state.
Can't wait to return and tell you all about it!

No comments: