Monday, November 12, 2007

Veteran's Special Census Removed

I have removed the special 1890 Veteran's Census from the BLOG today for a couple of reasons. I need to place them out on the Web, then create a link so anyone who wants can access them. The smaller versions I had on here were too small to read, and anything larger would take a long time to download.
The majority of Scipio residents have dial-up service. Without a high speed connection, adding images directly to the BLOG makes it take so long to download that folks won't use it as much.
Meanwhile, anyone wth a subscription to Ancestry (see the link below) can search the census records by their Civil War ancestor's name and likely find the record themselves.
I'd also be glad to look for your relative on my copy of the census, just add a comment or contact me through the BLOG.

No comments: