Thursday, September 23, 2010

Museum Day

When I visited the Abraham Lincoln Museum in Springfield, Illinois this summer, I was pleasantly surprised to get a substantial discount on the admission price because I am a card-carrying member of the NYS Archives Trust. The museum was wonderful, and I want to return since there was so much to see. Most museums that I have visited have an enormous amount of historical information. Often, you can get a sense of earlier times and what life was like for those that came before you.
Saturday September 25th is Museum Day. Free admission!
Museum Day is an annual event hosted by Smithsonian Media in which participating museums across the country open their doors for free to anyone presenting a Museum Day Ticket, which you can download from the Smithsonian website. You can also find a list of participating museums there. So pack up the family and make a day of it by exploring some of the museums near your home!

No comments: